On Saturday, January 21, 1956 thirty-eight ministers and twenty-two delegates of the Free Methodist Church in Southern California gathered at the Hermon Free Methodist Church in Los Angeles and voted unanimously to have their conference board of trustees proceed and purchase approximately 29 acres of land in Oak Glen. Conference leadership intended to use the camp to hold youth and family retreats, Los Angeles Pacific College faculty conferences, and an annual all-member conference camp.
The purchased camp was known at the time as, “The Pines” and it needed quite a bit of maintenance work. Conference members completed much of this work during Saturday workdays; the first of which consisted of 81 workers from six Free Methodist churches in the San Bernardino area, equipped with axes, picks, shovels, rakes and saws. Due to the amount of work and the slow rate at which it was accomplished, the first camps weren’t welcomed until early in 1957.
After renovations and expansions were fully completed, the camp’s use was expanded to include other Christian ministries outside of the Free Methodist Church and the name Oak Glen Christian Conference Center was chosen. Oak Glen CCC has served camp groups from 1957 until today. In December 2015 the conference center was purchased by the Southern California Blending Center Corporation, a non-profit entity, supported by 40 local churches in Southern California. The new owners believe that Oak Glen will be a place used by God for the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the discipling of His believers and the building up of the Body of Christ.